Gården Li (The Li Farm) is the southernmost cabin for DNT (Norwegian Trekking Association). It is located on Hidraheia, close to Flekkefjord. Here you can find a rich anilam and plant life that will enhance your trekking experience. In the skies you can see kestrels and eagles, and in the sea you can spot seals and dolphins. In the area you will also see many closed farms, witnesses of higher activity in this area up to the middle of the 1950s.
The Farmhouse includes:
· The Johan Room: Bunkbed with extra wide bottom (2 adults/3 children)
· The Girls Room: Bedding and bedsheets for up to 6 persons
· The Boys Room: Bedding and bedsheets for up to 6 persons
· Kitchen with gas stove and seating for 16 persons
· Kitchen table with 16 seats. Living room with seating for 4
· Loft with seating for 2
· Entrance with pegs for outerwear
· Privy outside
· Basement with baking oven (must be lit in 8 hours, then it needs rest before baking)
· Woodstove in living room + gas oven
· Solar panel
There is climbing equipment in the Farmhouse for 10 persons. Via Ferata with 112 affixes and og Cableway in Strånd.
There are two row boats with oars.
Life vests are found in the room in 2nd floor.
Minimum 4 of each.
There are many marked trails and beautiful view points in the area, and it is possible to go trekking all year. Parking can be at Itland or Fidsel, where there are good parking opportunities. The walk from Fidsel to the farm takes approx 1-2 hours. It is approx 10 minutes walk to Strånda, where you will find row boats and a large rubber boat for rent. There are good possibilities to catch fish and crabs.
Arrival after 16.00, departure within 14.00.
Drive Rv44 west from Flekkefjord and continue on the smaller road to Fidsel, approx 10km. From here it is 1-2 hours walk to the farm. There are also marked trails from Itland, and it takes approx 1 hour walk from there.
The cabin is self catered, so you need to tidy and clean before you leave. Everyone need to take responsibility to keep the cabin in good order.